It’s one week until Christmas and that means it’s time for some LAST MINUTE Christmas shopping! When I wait until the last minute, my best bet is always a book. I think books are the best gifts, last minute or not, and you can usually count on free or discounted shipping from Amazon or Christianbook.com.
I personally love getting books for Christmas, especially when it’s a book that promotes my own spiritual growth. For that reason, I decided to make a Christian Book Gift Guide for y’all! These are all books that I either own and love or am dying to read, so I’d definitely recommend any of these if you’re looking for a book for a friend or yourself over the holidays! Happy last minute shopping!
Christian Book Gift Guide
- ESV Illuminated Bible, Art Journaling Edition – This is one of the prettiest Bibles EVER and is perfect for anyone wanting a journaling/coloring Bible!
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst – I have read this book multiple times and frequently go back and read my favorite excerpts. This is a MUST READ for any 20-something lady who feels less than, forgotten, or rejected in this period of change in our comparison-driven world.
- ESV Leather Single Column Journaling Bible – This is the Bible that I use most of the time and I absolutely LOVE it. There is a ton of room for journaling in the margins without the text being too small to read, which is usually my complaint about journaling Bibles. It’s definitely pricy, but it’s a great long-term investment if you’re interested in making one.
- Mere Christianity by CS Lewis – This is one of my all time favorite books and something I would recommend for anyone even remotely interested in what Christianity is. It puts into words what I as a Christian can’t always describe for people and gives such an amazing picture of the gospel!
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel – The Case for Christ explores the author’s journey from Atheist to Believer using very real facts and sound logic. This is a great book for the analytical thinker or skeptic or anyone interested in apologetics.
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst – I am currently reading this book and cannot speak highly enough about it. I literally am talking to everyone about it who will listen and for a good reason – it’s INCREDIBLE. It’s a very real look at suffering and living in a post-fall world and you really should just go buy it now k thx.
- The Road Back To You by Ian Cron & Suzanne Stabile – I want this book, I want this book, I want this book. I am so passionate about personality tests and how we can use them to better connect with and serve one another, and this book works to do just that as it looks at the Enneagram and Christianity. This is great for anyone who is interested in becoming more self aware or who just loves personality tests!
- Everybody Always by Bob Goff – I am a fan of anything and everything that Bob Goff does and this book is no exception. Recommended for anyone who loved Love Does!
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud & John Townsend – So this might be a bit of a passive aggressive gift, but dang do I love this book. It is so important to set boundaries with your family, friends, workplace, and even yourself, and this book gives so many great opportunities to learn how to start.