I think that it’s really easy for us to lose a lot of our humanity on the internet. Sure, you might post a cute picture on Instagram, but who is the person behind the photo? Are they like me? What’s their story?
In case you were wondering, there is indeed a human behind this website – me! I really want this space to feel very human. I want to build a community here on Created to Create, and I think the first step to doing that is introducing myself!
So, for this week’s blog post, I thought I’d share more about me! I hope you feel like you know me a little better after reading this. Without further ado, here are 23 facts about my 23 year old self!
23 FACTS ABOUT ME
- The nickname Kit comes from the American Girl doll, Kit! Kit was my favorite American Girl and my friends say that I look like her. Best. Compliment. Ever.
- I live in Nashville, TN and I LOVE it here! I’ve never felt more at home.
- I went to Vanderbilt University here in Nashville and loved it. I graduated in May with a degree in Human & Organizational Development.
- I was in a sorority in college – Alpha Delta Pi! 🙂
- I am such a coffee snob that I bring coffee equipment to work. I straight up grind my own beans and make coffee in a french press in the office kitchen. I have no shame.
- I love reading nonfiction Christian and self-help books!
- I’m an INFJ and am obsessed with the Myers Briggs. It is SO accurate for me. You can learn more about the INFJ here: https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality
- I love discovering up-and-coming pop artists. I pride myself in the number of artists that I discover before becoming famous (I sound like such a hipster).
- I’m from the north Dallas area and lived in Texas until I was 19!
- I really like to do work with TV in the background. I typically do this with Friends or Parks and Recreation.
- I have been a Taylor Swift fan since I was 12 and have seen her in concert 4 times. I’m OBSESSED so please don’t hate.
- I have been baptized twice, once at age 10 and once at 21, and baptism is incredibly special to me.
- I write songs and once won a contest where the prize was a one-song recording contract!
- I absolutely love cinnamon. Cinnamon rolls, cinnamon crunch bagels, cinnamon oatmeal, cinnamon everything!!!
- I really don’t like gum. I’d rather have bad breath than have to chew that garbage.
- I had jaw surgery in 2011 to correct a mild underbite.
- I love baking and cooking! My favorite things to make are coffee cake, pumpkin roll, and mac and cheese.
- I was a transfer student in college! I actually spent my freshman year of college at the University of Texas at Austin before transferring to Vanderbilt.
- I live with two roommates, who are two awesome, funny, talented women of God that I love dearly.
- I really love beans. Black beans, pinto beans, green beans, coffee beans – I LOVE BEANS!! It’s one of my quirks.
- I’m a mix of the Type 4 and Type 2 on the Enneagram.
- Altar’d State is my favorite store of all time and I’d shop there all the time if I wasn’t a poor recent grad.
- My favorite bible verse is Psalm 118:5.
Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me a little bit! I’d love to get to know you too! Please leave a comment below introducing yourself!